• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with ADB

Trying to do some push/pull and do the new lag fix to no avail. After adb devices, the phone shows up as attached, but after adb remount I get "remount failed: No such file or directory" I'm not able to execute a push or pull command, and therefore I'm not able to run the lag fix.
I have USB Debugging selected, and I was able to delete the bloatware via adb shell, but none of the other commands go through for me...

Trying to do some push/pull and do the new lag fix to no avail. After adb devices, the phone shows up as attached, but after adb remount I get "remount failed: No such file or directory" I'm not able to execute a push or pull command, and therefore I'm not able to run the lag fix.
I have USB Debugging selected, and I was able to delete the bloatware via adb shell, but none of the other commands go through for me...

Which lagfix are you trying to run (a link would be helpful, as there are a bunch floating around)? And which specific line of code is throwing your error?

Upvote 0
Can push a file to your external SD? I'm assuming the push/pull commands are failing because the specified mount isn't present (since the mount command is failing). It sounds like the new partition is wacky (hence the mount command failure).

There is no new partition, I haven't been able to get on there to make said new partition. It's been doing this since the first time I tried a push command. I just need to know how to get this to mount correctly. I would like to push apk's to my phone but without the mount present I can't.

Here is the code I use to get into ADB and then attempt a remount:

Code:
cd C:\android-sdk-windows
cd tools
adb remount
remount failed: No such file or directory
When I try to push and/or pull, I get this:

Code:
adb push ./smoothcalendar.apk /system/app
failed to copy './smoothcalendar.apk' to '/system/app/smoothcalendar.apk': Permission denied

Upvote 0
Did you go through busybox commands to create the ext2 partition?

On the other issue: you're just being denied write perms to /system/app, you'll need su privs, so you can just push something over to /sdcard (as I know that has write permissions), then shell in, su, and cp or mv from /sdcard to /system/app

Perhaps something is wrong in my setup. ADB has SU privileges, from the first time I ran it. Just tried a push to /sdcard and it gave me the same error (permission denied)....

Trying to solve the problem here before I have to deal with it once we get CM6 or other ROMs...

And I didn't go through busybox or anything, so far none of what I'm attempting has gone through. I tried the one click and the ADB shell method and neither returned anything.

Upvote 0
I'm still having this problem. Trying to do the EliteSuperRooter Mod found on XDA, and was going to try to root again. It's still not being able to push to the phone (or SD card).
I've installed one set of USB drivers, then when those didn't work, tried another. Same with the SDK/ADB. It's recognizing my device when I run the adb devices command, but it seems like that is where it stops...

Upvote 0
FWIW, having the same problem trying to copy settings.db to somewhere that I can use adb to pull it from. When I try to copy it to /sdcard, I get permission denied. I know cp is working because I can create a copy of settings.db called settings.db.bak in /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones