• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

problems with adobe flash player availability

derfsneval

Lurker
Dec 8, 2015
I bought a Lenova Tab 2 fo for my wife to play Candy Crush Saga type games, which need Adobe Flash Player. Android version is 4.4.4, and Adobe stopped at 4.2. When I am try to download the game, it says it is not compatible. Is there any attachments way around this.

Advising anyone to install Flash, emphasis on old version, on their Android device is such a bad thing to do. Adobe stopped supporting Flash for mobile devices over three years ago. Adobe's Flash has become a really big exploit magnet, even current versions plugins for computer browsers have devolved into a serious security problem. Intentionally adding an older, even less secure, version of Flash onto an Android device is also intentionally making less safe to use online.

As for the Candy Crush needing Adobe Flash Player, that may have been applicable for playing via a web browser on a computer but it just can't apply for an Android app. But it is odd you're getting a message your Lenovo isn't compatible. Using a web browser on a computer, check play.google.store. Is your Lenovo Tab 2 listed in the Android Device Manager in the gear icon in the upper right corner?

Upvote 0
Advising anyone to install Flash, emphasis on old version, on their Android device is such a bad thing to do. Adobe stopped supporting Flash for mobile devices over three years ago. Adobe's Flash has become a really big exploit magnet, even current versions plugins for computer browsers have devolved into a serious security problem. Intentionally adding an older, even less secure, version of Flash onto an Android device is also intentionally making less safe to use online.

As for the Candy Crush needing Adobe Flash Player, that may have been applicable for playing via a web browser on a computer but it just can't apply for an Android app. But it is odd you're getting a message your Lenovo isn't compatible. Using a web browser on a computer, check play.google.store. Is your Lenovo Tab 2 listed in the Android Device Manager in the gear icon in the upper right corner?
ive been using that old version of flash on all my smart phones for years and never had an issue

Upvote 0
And I can drive down any street in Chicago's south side with my car doors unlocked and the odds are nothing will ever come of it. But it's still not an advisable thing to do. I don't want this to turn into a flame war but the point is Adobe Flash is a clearly documented and well-known security risk, older versions being even more so.
It's just my opinion when telling anyone to intentionally make their tablet less secure, they need to be aware of it. Also, it doesn't address the OP's query about their problem with a Candy Crush.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones