1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Problems with apps after updating to 2.2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RJP001, Jun 11, 2011.

1. RJP001

RJP001 Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Hi.

I followed the guide at the top of this page on installing the update to Android 2.2. I have eventually managed to succeed by having to research how to do a hard reset thing which clears all stored user memory. So it will then start up and give me Android 2.2 now. The problem is that as soon as I try to install an app or apply any updates, the phone crashes. Rebooting it results in it hanging up at the Samsung screen and it goes no further. The only way to get around it is to do another memory clear of user data, i.e. factory reset. Then 2.2 works again?

Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem is? I considered it to potentially be a problem with the memory card, so I formatted that, but the issue still persists?

All other functions appear to work okay, and pre-existing apps such as google maps is blisteringly quick in comparison to before, so I'd like to keep to 2.2 if I can?

Cheers!

Advertisement

2. RJP001

RJP001 Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Just an update. This morning I tried installing 2.2 again, this time using the JPF given in the topic at the top of this page. I avoided selecting the bootloader, and only installed the rest of the JPF. All went well and the phone actually did as the guide described for once!

I had an issue or two at first, mainly that the phone did not have any settings for internet access so I had sort that out manually, but otherwise all works well and I appear to be running 2.2 stably now. :D

I guess now the question is, will it crash during the course of today? :thinking: