• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with audio files

seanwick

Dec 20, 2009
I just updated to android 2.2 and now when i try to add audio files to my card, the only way i can play them is to open the file through astro. Neither the stock player or cube player will show the files.

The stock player shows the files in the library but when I try to play the songs, it gives a message that i am missing a root file, or that the phone doesn't recognize the file type (mp3).

Any suggestions?

I moved an entire album over to the same location where all my previous albums are - music player is not aware that I added a new album at all. I cannot find the songs at all, but when I used Root Explorer to find the files manually, it played the album I moved over perfectly fine.

What encoding are you using to make your MP3, and are you using CBR / CBR?

Upvote 0
After I rebooted the phone, (with a battery replacement to test something else) I saw the album in the music player as well.

Since you already tried the battery pull, I highly recommend that you try a factory reset - A lot of people are experiencing issues with FroYo that disappear after a factory reset.

Or, else, you could revert back to an older OS and then use the new OTA and flash a completely clean OS, see http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/145055-non-rooted-frg22-upgrade-possible.html#post1335838

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones