1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with Bamf Gingerbread 2.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mystakilla, May 23, 2011.

1. Mystakilla

Mystakilla Member

Well i figured i would try and post a thread on this since i havent been seeing anyone else having this issue. Ive been watching the xda thread like a bored security guard in a shack and have not seen anyone else talk about this.

The rom is actually great, im running 4.01 with imo 2.5.4test4, however, i do not have 4G. I live in a prime 4G area and i cant use it now.

Now what the phone does is, if i reboot it, ill have 4G for approximately 5-10 minutes at the most, then it just kicks down to 3G until i reboot again to get 4G back, PITA isnt it??

Another thing i noticed today was, i had 4G when i woke up after having the phone on a charger at night and basically sitting idle, after 5-10, 4G gone again. its almost like it goes into hibernation if the phone is being used.

I can stream netflix fine but since it switches to 3G all the time, it buffers all the time and there is no sense in trying to watch something like that.

This 4G issue is MY major drawback with this rom/kernel or whatever it is giving me the problem. Does anyone have any ideas of what i can try or do??

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

You can always flash back to Froyo and the corresponding radio to test. Perhaps it's the network in general? You need to do some troubleshooting in order for us to help you.

3. Mystakilla

Mystakilla Member

I am probably going to flash back to froyo here soon.

Perhaps it is a network issue but awfully odd that 4g comes back for awhile everytime i reboot.

ive been troubleshooting this all weekend and came up with nothing, thought maybe others were having similar issues but it doesnt appear to be.

I did everything exactly like everyone else to the TEE, several times and each time is the same.

Besides, the battery drain is pretty bad with this so far, so im better off going back for now.

** Went back to Bamf 1.6.3 yesterday, everything is back to normal for me. Got my 4G BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews