1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problems with Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trikidiki, Sep 15, 2011.

1. trikidiki

trikidiki Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Hi,

I'm new to Android so be gentle with me.

I have a Fortuna Slim GPS that I want to attach to a Tabtech M7 tablet (referred to as a MID703 in its manual). I have connected a Bluetooth Dongle to the tablet which I can turn on ok. I can scan for the GPS and find it. I have paired with the device by entering code 0000 and it comes up as Paired but Not Connected. I cannot connect to it at all. I have also tried connecting my Atrix Keyboard and mouse and these produce the same result.

I then thought I'd try connecting the GPS to my Atrix (which does work happily with the keyboard and mouse). It produces the same result of being able to pair but will not connect.

I then tried connecting the GPS to a laptop using the same Bluetooth Dongle as I tried on the Tablet. It pairs and connects fine.

I am at a loss as to where the problem lies, and have insufficient knowledge of Android to pursue it and wonder if anyone with more knowledge can help.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but this seems to be one of the most active Android forums but can't see a section for tablets. As the symptoms seem to be similar on the Atrix I thought it may be a good place to ask.

Cheers,

Dik

Advertisement

2. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Male
    Systems Admin.
    Atlanta, GA