1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Problems with Bugless Beast

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Numark, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Numark

Numark Active Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Chicago
    I've recently rooted my Droid and have installed the Bugless Beast ROM and have been loving it! However, after reading a thread about increasing video recording quality, I followed the instructions which involved tweaking the build.prop file in the phone's root folder. After doing so, I noticed some problems with my Droid, namely that it won't wake up from standby mode, or whenever I turn it on, it has to reboot once before I can use it. It also seemed to become a little more unstable in general as well. I tried installing the latest version of the Bugless Beast ROM (version 0.7.5 I believe), but that did not seem to solve any issues. I hope there's a fix for this, otherwise I'll just reset the phone back to factory settings and I'll just re-root it, but only as a last resort.

Advertisement

2. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I believe that Pete states in his thread that these tweaks have already been done in his ROMs. If you did a nandroid backup before you installed BB then I would just restore to that an re-install BB

3. Numark

Numark Active Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Chicago
    That's probably a good idea, now I just have to figure out how to do a nandroid backup.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

Oct 24, 2009
    Real Estate Agent
    M A dub'l dolla sign
    Well if you didn't make a backup before doing this then that won't help making one now. You should just boot into sprecovery and wipe everything then re install the ROM. Also to do a nandroid backup you just go into sprecovery and select backup/restore then choose simple nandroid backup.

5. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    South Florida
    There is a free app on the market called "qucik boot" that makes it easy to get into recovery mood (also has a reboot / bootloader option).

6. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    If you do a reset you will not lose your root - it will just wipe data and cache, etc., and bring the phone back up as if you just got it, but w/all the rooting stuff in place.

Thanks for the reference to quickboot, shrink...didn't know about that.

7. Numark

Numark Active Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Chicago
    I'm pretty certain that I did do a nandroid backup before I installed BB, so I'll try to restore from that and see how it goes :)