1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problems with calendar after 2.2 upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by onedog31, Mar 8, 2011.

1. onedog31

onedog31 Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2010
    When I try to enter a new event it says it is saved, but when I enter back into the calendar it does not show up.

Anyone else have any problems with their calendar after the 2.2 udate? or have any insight into why I am having problems?

Thanks,

onedog31

Advertisement

2. reom_76

reom_76 Member
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    When you're adding something, there should be a field named "Calendar". Make sure that it's saving to the correct one. What I mean is, on my phone, it defaults to my Google calendar after 2.2. Before 2.2, I had your same problem because I wanted it saved to Google Calendar, but it was saving to the phone's calendar.
    If you select that field, it should give you the option to choose if you want it saved to the Google Calendar or your phone's calendar, which I was surprised to learn are two different things. Hope this helps.

onedog31 likes this.
  3. onedog31

onedog31 Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2010
    That was it. Never had to change anything when I had 2.1. Didn't even know it was an option when creating an event. I was just looking at the general settings of the calendar.

Thanks for your help!

4. CamaroZ28c

CamaroZ28c Member
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    Environmental Scientist
    Topeka
    I'm really glad they defaulted to the Google calendar with Froyo because I was having to switch it on every event addition. Much more convenient if you sync up to the cloud.

5. sremick

sremick Android Expert
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    This has been in the Captivate FAQ for a while... a good resource to add to your list of places you check when you have a question. ;)

Calendar - CapFAQ