• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with clock weather widget

thesnakejp

Lurker
May 3, 2010
I have been having problems with the weather on the main screens clock. It shows a different town than I am in. The first day it showed the right town then switched to a different one and will now not go back to the right one. I've deleted the widget and tried adding it back, refreshed it, and my location in gps is turned on. Was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem, and if anyone knew how to fix it. Thanks

I have been having problems with the weather on the main screens clock. It shows a different town than I am in. The first day it showed the right town then switched to a different one and will now not go back to the right one. I've deleted the widget and tried adding it back, refreshed it, and my location in gps is turned on. Was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem, and if anyone knew how to fix it. Thanks

There's a couple of threads on this. Apparently, HTC needs to do some work to it...

Upvote 0

There's a couple of threads on this. Apparently HTC needs to refine the program.

Upvote 0
I have just started to have this issue. Worked fine till this week.

Position acquired by Google mobile and the position indication shown on HTC weather app is no longer correct.
It is showing differ positions 50 to 150 miles away. Sometimes it does show correctly. This had been consistently correct until a few days ago.
Maps also showed the wrong position. Turned on GPS and maps showed correctly, but google and weather are still wrong.
*228, power cycle, battery pull. no help
Version was unable to resolve.

HTC was unable to resolve.

I installed swype between the last time it was working and in not working, so I may remove swype to see if that corrupted something.

Any other suggestions, before I have to do a reset?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones