1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with connecting to PC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ericholt, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Ericholt

Ericholt Lurker

So I've been using this phone for about a month now and it seems to work perfectly, although I have some questions / issues with connecting it to my PC.

I want to connect the phone for debugging apps made with AppInventor, but whenever I connect the phone to USB, it charges, and if I then switch to "HTC Sync", it NEVER finds the HTC Sync version on my computer. You get the message 'searching for HTC sync on your PC', but it always returns an error message.

What am I doing wrong here?

If the question isn't specific enough, please ask, I'm not really sure what other details you need from me.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. peterc10

peterc10 Android Enthusiast

Firstly have you downloaded the latest version of HTC Sync from the HTC site and installed it on your PC?

Secondly do have USB debugging switched on or off? See menu > applications > development. Whichever you have at the moment try changing it.

I am not sure that you use HTC Sync for debugging apps do you? All you can do is install an app that you have an apk for in the PC. If you want to explore and change info on the phone then I usually choose "disk drive" and then I can see it all using explorer on the PC.

3. Tink-GB

Tink-GB Member

You need to make sure you are using an USB v2.0 or better.
    The slots on the front of my PC were meant to be v2.0 but transpires they are v1.1
    I couldn't connect for love nor money until I popped the lead into a USB on the back of my PC. Bit of a pain as I had none free so my webcam has gone.
    Even then, it works more than not, but still throws a wobbly every now and then.

The software installation does say this, but even with a v2.0 USB the software is still dodgy to say the least.