• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with contacts on HelixLauncher / Recommend a dialer app/widget?

gornul

Jun 8, 2010
I'm trying to find a decent way to get a sort of speed dial/contacts screen set up, and not coming up with much that I like. I was thinking I'd do a folder with "person" shortcuts in it, all set to "quick contact" (many of the people I call the most, I also text very often). Unfortunately, on HelixLauncher the resulting Quick Contacts bar is oddly positioned mostly off the top of the screen where I can't see or use it. Plus this method would leave my contacts alphabetized, rather than organized how I'd like.

Ideally I'd have a single icon/widget on my homescreen, (I'd also settle on a widget that took up an entire separate homescreen; I've got screens to spare) which opened to a screen worth of manually selected and organized contacts. Tapping them would give me the option of calling or messaging.

Anybody recommend a good reliable app like this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones