• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problems with dock?

I have searched and can't find an answer to this so hopefully someone knows about this? I plugged the dock in and the weather widget wouldn't install so I deleted it and re-installed. When I go to enter my city the "searching for matching location" message just quickly flashes on the screen and then does nothing. I don't know if there would be any interference from Beautiful Widgets since I have that installed but the BW widget isn't even a choice to install on the dock, KWIM? I guess I was wondering if there is a conflict with BW?

I have searched and can't find an answer to this so hopefully someone knows about this? I plugged the dock in and the weather widget wouldn't install so I deleted it and re-installed. When I go to enter my city the "searching for matching location" message just quickly flashes on the screen and then does nothing. I don't know if there would be any interference from Beautiful Widgets since I have that installed but the BW widget isn't even a choice to install on the dock, KWIM?

Just wanted to add that while the dock performance overall has been great I have had nothing but trouble with the weather widget. Got the location in, but then it won't display weather, really weird.

Upvote 0
well I think I may have gotten it to work. I won't know until I get home and try it in the dock but I wasn't even able to get the widget to take a location outside the dock until now. I went in to Beautiful widgets and turned off the setting that placed the weather in the notification bar. Once I did that I was able to enter my city in the Motorola weather widget. Weird huh?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones