• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with EasyTether with Epic 4G NEED HELP

allk

Lurker
Oct 16, 2010
I just but my Epic yesterday, and I am absolutely in love... and its a big upgrade from my old Tmobile Mytouch Slide, but I tried using easy tether with my phone and it doesn't work and it used to work perfect with my Mytouch Slide. I realized tha once I enabled usb debuging that my Epic no longer registered on my compuer, not even when I mounted the the device for file transfer... I also tried it on my friends computer and got te sam results... The time it registers on the computer is with USB debuging off... but it has to be on in order to use EasyTether. Please help.

Same here. I tried PDAnet and Easy Tether with no success. I installed the Samsung Drivers but it seems there is an ADB USB driver the phone has to attach to when set to USB Debugging. It seems like it tried to work a few times but it never did. I contacted sprint to see if I could use the built in tether feature (didn't mention my work around attempts) and was told it is disabled on the 3G network. I really do not want to root my phone. Anyone have some insight here?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones