1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Problems with ebay app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by tumbellina82, Feb 2, 2014.

1. tumbellina82

tumbellina82 Lurker
    None

Feb 2, 2014
    I bought a BIN item off ebay using the android app the other day. But the payment failed and I got a message to try again. When I tried again to make payment I got a message that payment could not be taken as the checkout process was completed. I went back to the listing, clicked "buy it now" (again), confirmed purchase (again), and made payment. I got charged twice and now have two lots of goods when I only wanted one. The seller will refund on return but minus P&P.

I have emailed ebay "customer service" (...cough, cough) and they say I must have double clicked & it is down to me to sort it out with the seller. I'm convinced it is down to a problem with the app. If so I think other people have probably had similar issues and obviously if I can show that it strengthens my case. So anyone else had similar problems or know of where I might find tales of woe from those who have?

Advertisement

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    That is really an issue I haven't heard of before.

Sounds like customer service is just being lazy. Did you maybe try calling again and talking to technical support or a manager?