1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Problems with Editing Images

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by Droid Chris, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Droid Chris

Droid Chris Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Trying to be self employes
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Good evening everyone,

My first post here, so I hope it goes well. I am working on my first droid app and have the layout and everything else done. The only problem I am having is coloring in a portion of an image. I can do the whole canvas or a rectangular portion of one, but not the desired area (and by desired area, I mean an area that is outlined by black lines like a part of a rainbow on a drawing etc.)

I have checked into NinePatchDrawables and other graphic things. I was thinking there should be a way to select a clip based on black lines that surround a shape. Then, I could take the clip and shade that.

Otherwise, I think I could make a fill method that fills the shape by intergrating lines that are orthoganol to each other that fill the shape, but I think that this would be too costly to the operating system.

I am testing the last method id in java right now and will let everyone know how it was done.:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Droid Chris

Droid Chris Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Trying to be self employes
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    What I have found out is that Droid developers have access to photoshop.com mobile API for editing images. This is not what I want but it does show me how other apps function the way they do. I believe that I am going to change my app up a little bit and perhaps work on a image fill method for java/droid later.:thinking: