1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with Evo Camera

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Katlew, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Katlew

Katlew Lurker

Hello I am on my 3rd Evo phone 1st unfortunately I cracked my screen...after receiving my replacement phone I used my camera. Some of the pictures turned out ok but started having random problems that I didnt have with 1st phone. Pictures are coming up with ghost images of the objects I am taking pictures of (kinda of interesting but annoying at the same time). Anyhow I returned that phone and received another phone only for 3rd phone to do the same thing. Anyone have same problem? Anyone have any clue on how to resolve? Would appreciate any advice on how to begin taking normal pics again.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CrazyTechnoBoy

CrazyTechnoBoy Android Enthusiast

Have you considered telling the ghosts to leave you alone? :p
    Try a factory reset. If that doesn't work, I would recommend you either A)return the phone and receive another one, or B) Root, flash a new ROM, and test out the camera. IF that doesn't work neither, unroot, and return.
    But don't take my word for it. I prefer to go through a lot of trouble, than to return it right away.

3. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

The stock operating system(also known as a ROM) should be able to interface with the camera. Is it a refurb phone? If so, it may have been refurb'd poorly. I dont think that a rooted rom would necessarily fix the camera issue, but who knows. You could take crazy's suggestion and root and flash a rom, and if that doesnt work, flash back to the standard rom and unroot so you can return it. Check this out before rooting

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews