• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with Exchange Sync and Recurring Meetings

kpantz

May 25, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
Recently, I've been having problems with recurring meetings on my Incredible's calendar. Specifically, the problems seem to start whenever I modify one instance of a recurrence (move one to another day, for example) on my PC - (not on the phone). What seems to be happening is that although that particular changed instance shows up on my HTC calendar in its new spot, the rest of the recurrence disappears and - even worse - I can no longer get ANY recurring meetings to sync to the phone, even if I create new ones.

If I remove the ActiveSync account, delete Calendar Data (Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Calendar Storage > Clear Data and ...Calendar > Clear Data) and re-add the account, I still have the problem and - what's worse - ALL my recurring meetings are gone (but any exceptions to them remain - WTF?!).

Before anyone asks, all recurrences have end dates (I've read plenty about recurrences w/o end dates causing problems).

To date, the only way I've found to completely fix this is to do a factory reset (yuck). Of course, the minute I modify an instance of a recurring meeting, the problem starts all over.

Anybody else see this? Provided there's no fix, is there a better way to fully flush calendar data to see if I can avoid resetting the phone? There's GOT to be something I'm missing in terms of cleaning out the calendar data, because a factory reset fixes it. Like I said above, I clear out two spots in Manage Applications: Calendar and Calendar Storage.

Thanks in advance to anyone with ideas.

-K

Found my issue: Tasker!

Tasker and Recurring Calendar Events - Tasker | Google Groups

Final test:

1. Disabled Tasker
2. Deleted Profile with Calendar Event State context.
3. Removed ActiveSync account and cleared Calendar Storage
4. Re-added ActiveSync account.
5. Modified one instance of a recurring appointment. Rest of
recurrence REMAINS on device.
6. Re-enabled Tasker.
7. Modified one instance of a recurring appointment. Rest of
recurrence REMAINS on device. Huzzah!

So it seems that I'm not even able to have a profile with a calendar
event state context. Not even if it's disabled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones