1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with Facebook app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by goalc, May 16, 2011.

1. goalc

goalc Member

Hi, i hope someone can help with an issue in the Facebook app.

A week or so ago, i suddenly started to only see posts in the Newsfeed that were a few hours old, anything else did not show. This lasted a few days and then it seemed ok.

However today I went into Newsfeed, and all my news items appeared briefly and then disappeared. I now cannot see any posts, but everything else in the app (my profile, friends, messages etc) work fine. I have reinstalled the app, cleared the cache and restarted the phone but still nothing shows (and if I go to the main site through a browser on my phone, I can see that there are posts there).

Has anyone got any ideas on what is going on and how to fix this?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. What phone?

Try uninstalling the facebook app, and re-downloading it.

3. goalc

goalc Member

The phone is a HTC Desire HD. I have removed the app and re-installed it but I still get the same problem :(

4. raynoldsk

raynoldsk Android Enthusiast

Try the Flow app in the market--it is much better than the FB app.

I think they changed the name to Friendcaster, but it ia the same app as Flow.

5. goalc

goalc Member

I havent heard of that one before, I'll give it a go. Thanks :)

6. Daverk

Daverk Lurker

One sometimes finds this with native applications. I have found this sometimes with twitter for example

7. kechamb

kechamb Lurker

If you have a twitter account along with your facebook I would recommend TweeDeck it combines the 2 into one and is very simple to use. Regarding your problems with facebook I have had problems also and it seems to be the app no facebook.