1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with Firefox

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mochina, Sep 6, 2019.

1. mochina

mochina Lurker

For privacy reasons, I am trying to use Firefox with my Moto G5 Plus running 8.1.0. The Firefox version is 68.0.2. I am having many issues, e.g. Firefox freezing or crashing, links not working,
    pages not loading, web sites such as the Washington Post that require repeated logins. I did not experience these issues with my previous browser, Google chrome. I have also tried using Firefox for Android and Firefox Focus, and there have been similar problems. Is there a specific Firefox version that avoids these problems or what? I can't believe there is a blanket incompatibility issue.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox? or even try clearing cache?

3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Maybe you should downgrade your Firefox to lower version by using APK. There will always be a version that runs well with a specific device.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  4. mochina

mochina Lurker

I have tried the former, but not the latter. I just cleared the cache, and hope it helps. Thanks.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. mochina

mochina Lurker

I will act on your suggestion, but wish I wouldn't have to go through trial and error. I've posted on the Moto forum as well--no replies yet. Thanks.

ocnbrze likes this.

Motorola Moto G5 Plus Forum

The Motorola Moto G5 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 2-4GB RAM, Snapdragon 625 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews