1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Problems with Folder Organizer and Widget Locker after Rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by groovejedi, Sep 29, 2010.

1. groovejedi

groovejedi Active Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me with 3 unfortunate issues I've been noticing since I rooted last night. I rooted 2.2 on my Droid X and backed up everything with Titanium backup. I removed a bunch of bloatware but I made sure that everything I renamed from .apk to .bak was "safe to remove" based on messages I read on multiple forums. I am also running Launcher Pro Plus. Here are the issues I'm seeing.

Every time I power down the phone and then turn it back on, I'm seeing the following issues:

1) WidgetLocker - the Alarm Clock v2 tiny clock icon that I have on my lock screen disappears. Also, the Switch Pro Widget (Size 4) that I have on my lock screen also disappears. I can put them back no problem but as soon as I power down and turn the phone back on, they're gone again.

2) Folder Organizer - I have several shortcuts on my homescreen with custom icons. For example, I have a shortcut with an icon that looks like a pair of headphones. Tapping on this icon opens the Folder Organizer shortcut to reveal my music player, Pandora, FM Radio, etc. Everytime I power down the phone and then turn it back on, all of the icons revert back to the default Folder Organizer icon.

3) Anytime I plug in my phone via USB to my computer, Folder Organizer and Widget Locker fail with a force close. This happens regardless of whether or not I have USB debugging checked or what mode it's on (PC Mode, USB, etc).

I tried reverting a few items from .bak back to .apk but it didn't fix either of these issues. Anyone have any ideas? I would GREATLY appreciate it, thanks so much!

Advertisement

2. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Male
    Home
    i use folder organizer (but not widget locker) on my rooted 2.2 and i do not have this issue.
    have you tried uninstalling both apps then reinstalling one at a time?

3. groovejedi

groovejedi Active Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Thanks to the fine folks over at xda, I have solved the issue.

The problem was that Folder Organizer, SwitchPro and Widget Locker had been moved to the SD Card. Moving them back to the phone solved all 3 issues!