• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems with Folder Organizer and Widget Locker after Rooting

groovejedi

Aug 27, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me with 3 unfortunate issues I've been noticing since I rooted last night. I rooted 2.2 on my Droid X and backed up everything with Titanium backup. I removed a bunch of bloatware but I made sure that everything I renamed from .apk to .bak was "safe to remove" based on messages I read on multiple forums. I am also running Launcher Pro Plus. Here are the issues I'm seeing.

Every time I power down the phone and then turn it back on, I'm seeing the following issues:

1) WidgetLocker - the Alarm Clock v2 tiny clock icon that I have on my lock screen disappears. Also, the Switch Pro Widget (Size 4) that I have on my lock screen also disappears. I can put them back no problem but as soon as I power down and turn the phone back on, they're gone again.

2) Folder Organizer - I have several shortcuts on my homescreen with custom icons. For example, I have a shortcut with an icon that looks like a pair of headphones. Tapping on this icon opens the Folder Organizer shortcut to reveal my music player, Pandora, FM Radio, etc. Everytime I power down the phone and then turn it back on, all of the icons revert back to the default Folder Organizer icon.

3) Anytime I plug in my phone via USB to my computer, Folder Organizer and Widget Locker fail with a force close. This happens regardless of whether or not I have USB debugging checked or what mode it's on (PC Mode, USB, etc).

I tried reverting a few items from .bak back to .apk but it didn't fix either of these issues. Anyone have any ideas? I would GREATLY appreciate it, thanks so much!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones