1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with freezing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by infamshxr, Sep 12, 2011.

1. infamshxr

infamshxr Lurker

I have the Epic 4G rooted with CWM (not sure which version, it was the current stable version in March, if that helps...) I am using ACS SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0 with the Vision Kernel 1.0.

When I originally rooted and installed this, I had issues with freezing and then force closes, so someone had me fix it by enabling journaling. Then had me install SetCPU to help with the freezing. It helped a bit, but still froze alot. So then I installed Vision Kernel, like it says to do.

Well since then, the freezing hasnt been as bad, but my phone still freezes at least once a day during heavy usage. Mostly while using the browser. Websites with Flash content makes it even worse.

So my question is... Is there anything else I can do? Will it help if I update SyndicateROM or try an updated or different kernel? These were all considerations I have taken, but figure its best to ask people that know more than I do. I really don't know too much with the rooting. I followed some pretty detailed instructions and watched a walkthrough video to get me all set up. lol I was pretty nervous....

So yea, some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. infamshxr

infamshxr Lurker

UPDATE: I just updated to SyndicateROM 1.2 with Genocide Kernal 2.0. Going to see how this works. Hoping for the best. I read or seen somewhere that someone from the ACS team is running what I just installed... So that should mean something, right? lol

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews