1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with Google TV

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TOM_30, Jun 28, 2021.

1. TOM_30

TOM_30 Lurker

Hi guys,

I live in Israel. I Bought Chromecast with Google TV and I have some problem.

Due to bad internet connection on my house and country, I have problems to stream apps like Netflix and PLEX, It doesn't stream smoothly like I watch on my laptop for example.

My main use is to watch movies that I'm downloading in my compute with subtitles I'm adding. Is there another solution to watch movies and Cetra directly throw the streamer and not via PLEX and Cetra?

The second question, I'm assuming that if ill connect the strimmer and the laptop directly to the Internet cable things will improve. The problem is I'm in my room and connecting to the Wi-Fi in the living room. I have the cable company equipment here also but I don’t really know what he does. But I think some of them connect the device to the internet.

I'm adding pics of my equipment. I'll be happy if you could help me.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

#1 TOM_30, Jun 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2021

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Have you tried lowering the resolution of the TV output?
    When I have streaming issues that will normally fix it quick.

Your laptop is probably running at a much lower resolution than your TV, so that is why you can easily watch it that way.

TOM_30 likes this.
  3. TOM_30

TOM_30 Lurker

I did .It's an internet problem.

4. puppykickr

You are adding the subtitles?
    At the same time as the downloading?

Can't you just download subtitles with the movies at the same time?

Last but not least, since you can watch with your laptop, couldn't you do just that and then cast from the laptop to the TV?
    Or even use a cable connection?

TOM_30 and ocnbrze like this.
  5. TOM_30

TOM_30 Lurker

I'm sorry, I didn't understand the question about the subtitles.

I use to watch over cable connection until now, but i dont want to, that is why i bought a steamer for.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you probably need a better wifi router. i would never use one that came from the cable company.

TOM_30 likes this.
  7. TOM_30

TOM_30 Lurker

That is for sure, but like I’ve said, there’s really bad internet connection in israel. I need somehow to contact the chromcast wirely to the internet first. No wirelessly. Then the laptop and also I have to figure out how i move movies that I’m downloading from my computer to the chromcast. There’s VLC, but I don’t know how to do it. There’s got to be a way to do that, no PLEX or any other kind of way on the WI-FI.

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If your WiFi is no good, copy the movies to a USB thumb-drive, and plug that into the Chromecast?

I don't have a Chromecast myself of course, but I do have an Android TV box, and that's what I've done before now. Just copied downloaded movies to a USB thumb-drive, and plugged that into the Android box.

ocnbrze and TOM_30 like this.
  9. TOM_30

TOM_30 Lurker

The problem is that the chromcast doesn’t have any exists on. Not for an internet cable and not for a USB drive . I need to buy some adapter, but i don’t know which is best.

10. puppykickr

Use NitroShare to move files via Wi-Fi.
    Only the router is required, no internet service is needed.

Both devices connect together with Wi-Fi through the router.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.nitroshare.android/

11. puppykickr

You stated that you are adding subtitles.

How/when/why are you adding subtitles?

12. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Maybe my situation is similar to yours, I'm in China living on a large school campus, and so I can't depend on having good bandwidth and fast WiFi always available for streaming. So I use a T95 Android box with 2 USB ports and using Kodi. And that I can just plug in USB thumb-drives and USB hard-drives, for any movies and TV shows I've downloaded with the Macbook.

13. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Maybe he means downloading separate subtitle files, e.g. .SRT files from sites like https://www.opensubtitles.com/en

I've only done this myself for movies to show to the students occasionally, where they need English captions for things like Harry Potter movies. Then what I do is use Handbrake, to burn the subtitles into the video(hard captions), to play them on the classroom PC and large screen.

But usually if one is using a player like VLC or Kodi, they can use the separate subtitle files and display them in the videos.

#13 mikedt, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    puppykickr likes this.
  14. loydtefu

loydtefu Lurker

Thanks for sharing how to solve this issue