1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problems with GPS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SrdjanGuitar, Jun 5, 2011.

1. SrdjanGuitar

SrdjanGuitar Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Hey folks.I just bought this phone a couple of days ago,and it`s really good,but i noticed one problem.I just can`t get GPS to work.When I open Google`s Navigation app which i got with the phone,it constantly asks me to turn my WiFi on.I`m wondering if there`s a way of using Navigation only with GPS turned on.
    Thanks in advance,Srdjan.

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Do you receive the same message when using other apps that access gps such as weather? If the problem is exclusive to the nav program there must be some settings there that need your attention. If the gps doesn't work with any app I think I'd take it back and let the big boys address the problem. Good luck and welcome to AF.

3. auninda

auninda Lurker
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    Student
    uttara, Dhaka
    the gps is an assisted version and it cannot work by itself unless it has access to the internet using wifi or 2g/3g data privilege. if you are not using any 2g/3g data plan then, it is obvious your cell phone will try to access the wifi connection. hope this helps

4. atulalvenkar

atulalvenkar Member
    None

Mar 7, 2011
    A-GPS or assisted GPS which is present in S5570 not only uses satellites to triangulate your location but also available wifi hotspots and cell towers.

With wifi on you can get a quick fix which otherwise might take a minute or two.