• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with H96 Max TV box

ForeverNoob

Lurker
Apr 13, 2017
Hello,

I have the following problems with my H96 Max RK3318 box:

1. Screrensaver doesn't work as expected, instead of turning off the TV screen (or displaying colors or activating daydream), it completely shuts the device down.

2. While trying to solve the problem above, I enabled developer option (by repeatedly pressing About-Build settings), and since then the built-in Youtube app started reading aloud all menu text, clip titles and cc text. Disabling deleveloper option didn't stop that, as is any option I tried in Accessibility. Disabling Google TTS service (in settings-apps) makes Youtube app crash on startup.

Android ver. 9.0, kernel ver. 4.4.159 dated to Aug. 7, build RK3318_216_V1R0

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

Yes, a couple of times.

And that didn't fix the second problem?
Could be the firmware has somehow got messed-up. Or maybe it's buggy. Which means it would need re-flashing and possibly updating to fix it. Maybe enquire with the manufacturer support and see what they say.

As for the first problem with it shutting down instead of showing the screen-saver, that sounds like a firmware bug or something. Which would need a manufacturer firmware update to fix it.

Is there a support website for this device?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones