1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

problems with input languages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by afrederic, Jan 12, 2013.

1. afrederic

afrederic Lurker

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 whose system has recently been updated to Android 4.1.2.
    I write in 5 input languages and before the update I could freely do that using the Samsung keyboard.

Now, after the update, I have 2 problems:
    1) No matter which set of 5 languages I choose in Samsung Keyboard Settings -> Input Languages, it's telling me "Maximum number of supported languages (4) reached" (!)
    2) One of the input languages I use, Georgian in particular, disappeared altogether from the list of "Available languages" whereas it was there before ("update language list" does not help).

Does anyone else have this problem and any ideas how to fix it?
    And does anyone know whether this is a bug and they are going to fix it or they honestly think you cannot possibly use more than 4 languages in your daily life?

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. FlavVv

FlavVv Lurker

Hi,

Now we are in 2017, I bought a Samsung S8 with Android 7 Nougat which is supposed to be one of the top in technology, but still I get the same problem, the OS is not smart enough to handle more than 4 languages. What a shame !!!!

3. Leon Marco

Leon Marco Well-Known Member

Use another keyboard app.

mikedt and Dannydet like this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

A limitation of the Samsung stock keyboard possibly, try Gboard or Swiftkey or Swype instead.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews