1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Problems with LG Stylo2 eating up battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lucyloo525, Jul 20, 2017.

1. lucyloo525

lucyloo525 Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2017
    Hi all :) My LG Stylo2 has a couple problems. First, even though I am connected to my home WiFi, I keep getting messages saying <internet unavailable from (home wifi) or it will say <internet unavailable from unknown ssid> that appears every 5 seconds or so. I have tried rebooting, removing battery, etc.

second problem is that something is eating up battery! I do text but always close them out, and anything else that is running, each time I am finished using it.

Can someone help me with these problems>?? Even one would help, LOL

TIA

Advertisement

2. jamstewonline

jamstewonline Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Texas
    first for the WiFi connection try updating your profile through the settings or the VM app on your phone.
    As for the battery check what apps are using you battery through settings but don't disregard the ones with low percentages click on all of them and see how much time they have been running. If they show hours not minutes then those are hogging your battery. Just remember android and google items may show high usage but those are not usually the problem check apps that you have installed or bloatware.

3. lucyloo525

lucyloo525 Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2017
    Thank you SO much. Hubs is a bit of a tech-y and took care of the WiFi prob. He gave our home wifi a secure setting. That has taken care of that problem. He also did you what you have suggested. He moved some apps to the SD card. What is VM??

4. jamstewonline

jamstewonline Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Texas
    Oh sorry VM is Virgin Mobile. Was thinking you were on that carrier plan.