• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems With LG Tiger Pad LG-V480

persistentone

Sep 4, 2013
I have an LG Tiger Pad LG-V480 that runs Android 5.0.2. Strange things are starting to happen on this tablet, such as:

* Google Maps works until the moment that I hit the "Start" button to begin a trip. At that point, Google Maps simply vaporizes and I am back at the desktop.

* Google Youtube will lose all of its "Downloaded" videos, without warning or error message.

What would this indicate about the tablet? Is the flash going corrupt? Is there an error log I can read to try to get more information, and how would I search through that to find the relevant messages?

What would this indicate about the tablet?
I hate breaking bad news but...your tablet is probably just too old. :(

You're many versions behind Android. Apps get updated, and at some point older versions of Android just aren't accounted for in them. They break, much like what you're seeing.

Unless your tablet can be upgraded to a more modern Android (doubtful), I'm afraid you're pretty much out of luck. You can still use it--some apps will continue working. Just don't be surprised if more and more of them break.

Someone else may have a happier response. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones