1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with Lock Screen Customization

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Android Question

I have a problem trying to customize my lock screen:

How do increase the font size? In addition, I seem to be very limited size wise in the amount of text I can include on the screen i.e. I can only put my name and a couple of phone numbers, but not my full address. It claims I have no more room, but the screen is basically empty.

Thank you very much for your help.

Nick

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

There is only so much space on the lock screen for owner info. For example, I had to reduce my owner info to "Reward if found: me (at) gmail.com". You might consider something shorter. As far as font size, you can find that in Settings --> Display -- Font Size and selecting a larger size.

#2 The_Chief, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  3. Nick Andriash

Nick Andriash Newbie

Appreciate the quick reply, but am still confused as to why we are allowed such a minimal amount of text, when the entire page is completely empty. Providing personal info in situations such as losing your phone, is key to perhaps recovering your lost phone. I just do not understand the logic of such a restriction.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your reply.

Nick

The_Chief likes this.
  4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Well, make sure you register your phone with ADM (Android Device Manager). You can track your phone online and remotely lock and wipe it. I also like Cerberus, an app that will do the same thing but it will also email you pictures of whoever is trying to unlock your phone.