• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with Microsoft Sync after JB update

I own a 2010 Ford Taurus with the Microsoft Sync system. Prior to the Jelly Bean update, when my phone was connected to bluetooth and a text came in, I could hit the Sync button on my steering wheel and say "Read New Message" and the car would read it to me. Ever since the update to Jelly Bean, my phone still connects to Sync and makes calls, but will no longer read my texts. When I try to force the text download (while my car is in park of course) I get a message that says device not supported, or something similar.

Has anyone else noticed this problem and if so have you found a solution? I have the latest Sync software installed in my car but I have not yet tried unpairing and pairing again. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones