1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problems with MP3's not playing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sincky, Aug 12, 2011.

1. sincky

sincky Lurker
    None

Mar 2, 2011
    Ok I've had this happen to me and I've been doing some investigating. I'm a Professional DJ and computer geek by trade. I have read alot of posts about Twitter and other apps causing the problem. This might have worked for some people but I don't beleive that is the problem. The players both default and Power Amp say it doesn't support this format. That tells me it is missing something in the header when it trys to read it. This is what I have found. On some songs that I ripped from itunes it is missing certain information such as the Hz, and kbps. Other songs that have been turned back into MP3 format from my DJ software have all this information with it. Those songs play no problem. If you use Power Amp, you can find out all the info on the song by clicking in the info button on the song. I have yet to play a song that only tells me it is and MP3 formatted song. It looks like the players need all the information in order to play it. The problem is I can't find any program to add that information to songs already in the MP3 format. So far any ID Tag software won't let you edit that information. I hope this helps anyone who is having the same issues I am.

Advertisement