1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Problems with music player

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Bassline Drums, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Bassline Drums

None

Feb 8, 2012
    4.0.4 on my Captivate Glide continues to give me problems in any way it possibly can. However, the most annoying issue comes from the native music player.

The majority of my music is sorted alphabetically instead of by track number. Now, I know this has been around for some years, but it's only happened to me on this version of Android, and, it doesn't do it to all of my music. A few select albums are sorted according to track number, and I can't seem to figure out why, even when going through the file properties on my computer. There doesn't seem to be any factors that I can find for which ones get sorted correctly.

Also, certain albums are split up in several of the same album, despite having all of the same and correct information. I also have no idea why it does this, although it's only happening with 3 albums right now.

And lastly, several weeks ago I opened up the music player like normal, and for some reason my album art disappeared. Nothing happened that would trigger this that I know of. Removing all of the music and putting it back on did nothing to solve this. The album art still exists in the phones files, I checked. And not all of the music lost its album art. Artists names beginning D-S retain their album art, while A-C and T-Z are all missing it.

I know this is a hefty list of strange issues, but if anyone could help me out, I'd much appreciate it.

-Bassline Drums

Model Number: SGH-I927
    Android Version: 4.0.4
    Baseband Version: I927UCLJ3
    Kernel Version: 3.1.10-I927UCLJ3-CL970642 se.infra@SEP-126 #3 SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 11 14:00:57 KST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76D

Advertisement

2. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    Male
    Phila, PA
    I actually reported some bugs through the app and got some pretty quick responses from the development team. You may want to try that if you are sure its not your music files.
    Did you review the problematic albums and make sure each track has the correct track number?

Settings>Apps>find play music, click on report.