1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with my Samsung SII

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by iteriwarren, Jul 10, 2013.

1. iteriwarren

iteriwarren Lurker

Just some background - US Cellular is my carrier. Bought the phone about a year ago. A few months into it my motherboard fried and they (Samsung) fixed it. Now these are the issues I'm experiencing starting last night - the phone turns itself off and on, off and on, off and on, etc - I finally took the battery out. When I try to turn it off, it turns itself right back on. I was reading a book on my Kindle App and this screen popped up and had some kind of Samsung Privacy Agreement. I clicked yes because it wouldn't let me do anything else. Then some weird blue screen popped up (it was a background, like mine had changed or something) then another screen popped up - another user agreement but it didn't say Samsung so I declined it. Then my phone started going off and on, off and on, off and on... ETC. Could it be an app or something??

Please help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pep18

pep18 Lurker

For the agreements, it could be an app. Download a virus scanner (AVG) and let it scan your phone, you'll see which apps are adware/malware, then delete those and see if that fixes the problem. And for the off/on, may be your motherboard is damaged/broken again, or the power button randomly makes contact which would then turn it off (I know some people who had some kind of similar problem). If you are rooted you may have accidentally messed with the settings of your phone, or your ROM may not be installed correctly (but I guess you aren't rooted). I suggest you send your phone to samsung and let them have a look at it, but it sure is strange.

hope this helped a little