• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with New Droid Incredible

I've been salivating over a new Android phone for a month or so now and Just got one on Sat 30th. Overall I LOVE the Driod Incredible, but I've noticed a few issues:

(1) The phone has rebooted itself twice in the last 2 days. Is this normal? Is it doing updates that need a reboot or something?
(2) How do I view the OS's error log?
(3) How do I mass delete or mark read multiple emails in the HTC email app?
(Found the fix for this one already)
(4) When switching between WiFi APs (like home & Work) it seems that I have to turn the WiFi OFF first, and then back on. Otherwise it will SAY it is connected, but not have any connectivity...
(5) I don't seem to be able to d/l any market apps on 3G, only on WiFi.
(6) Just recently, I started having a problem where I cant d/l any market apps at all. I shows "started downloading" but never completes.
(7) I cant seem to add multiple "Favorites" for the same person (ie: Home, Work & Cell).

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Oh, and one more
(8) All the email that gets downloaded to the phone gets marked "read" in Outlook on My PC.

I *REALLY* need a way to disable that!

Thanks.

Try checking the box in Outlook for "leave a copy of messages on the server". It's under advanced email properties or similar, haven't done it in awhile so can't remember exactly where to find it.

Upvote 0
Do you mind telling me how to mark multiple emails as read? I get so much junk & am getting really frustrated!!! Thanks!

In the HTC mail app, in the main inbox window without any emails selected, click MENU and then select DELETE. A window will pop up that lets you select multiple emails to delete all at once.

There is no such feature for the Gmail app. But you can forgo using the gmail app and just access your gmail from the HTC email app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones