1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problems with notification panel and screen blacking out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chris fredericks, Jan 3, 2014.

1. chris fredericks

None

Jan 3, 2014
    New owner of the Note 10.1 2014, previous owner of several android phones. I have had the Note for about 2 weeks and have noticed a couple of annoying issues that I can't decide if the are setting or hardware related.

First my screen randomly goes black, like I used the power button. I use the home key to get it back. I have gone into settings and set my display screen time out to 5 min but it still does it? Could this be related to the screen stay setting?

The second issue is that my notification panel won't sweep down?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Chris

Advertisement

2. Uschiekid

Uschiekid Newbie
    None

Oct 14, 2013
    Do you use a case? I read about someone having difficulties with using the notification panel when it was in a case (a cheap one, not the official samsung one). But as soon as they took it out of the case, it worked again.

3. chris fredericks

None

Jan 3, 2014
    I read the same post but they were using a case with magnets in it? I do have a case but it doesn't have any magnets in it. I will try it without the case and see.

4. tamxir

tamxir Newbie
    None

Jan 22, 2014
    Male
    N/A
    Bendigo, Australia
    Have a look in Accessibility options in Settings. There are a lot of screen options in there that may cause some odd behavior if you accidentally enable them. There is also a 'Screen Reading' mode but I don't know what that does yet.

It's veryeasy to accidentally toggle a lot of things from your notifications pane at the top if you don't remove some of the unwanted buttons in Settings.

Regards
    tamxir

5. chris fredericks

None

Jan 3, 2014
    Thank you for the responses. Yes there are a lot of options on this thing. I got a poetic case and that seemed to take care of the issue.

tamxir likes this.