• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

problems with people

roastbeef

Lurker
Jun 7, 2010
Ok I believe this is a wierd one.

I recently purchaed a HTC desire and copied all my contacts to my new sim then put it in my phone. This made my address book look really messy as I'm guessing my sony ericsson used a different format.

So i have delted all the contacts and decided to copy my contacts manually, this means I'l finally get round to tidying my phonebook.

I am having problems entering new contacts. When i create a conact with a phone number then save it i can see the contact but not the number and cant make any calls to that person. However when i go to the home screen and hit the "phone" button I can search for the contact and the number appears.

If when i create the contact I link it to their facebook and they have their number on facebook i can see all their data through people....

Any ideas?

I have a very similar problem, this must be something we are doing wrong.

I had to transport cotnacts twice using the sim card as the sim card couldnt hold all of them. When I trasnferred the second lot, the only contacts in 'people' is the second lot of contacts.

The original 200 contacts cannot be found in 'people'.

However if I go into 'phone' all contacts (most duplicated as 'sim' and 'phone') can be seen. All contacts have the correct information etc.

My only issues is that 'people' is not picking up the first lot of contacts.

Additionally I have used the contacts2sim app to transfer ALL contacts from sim 2 phone (this states 300 odd stored to the PHONE).. so why are these contacts not showing up in 'people'

I think the solution may solve both our problems?

(apologies for the partical thread hijack, but I thought it would be useful to highlight a similar problem in an attempt to find a communal fix!)

Jake

Upvote 0
OK Ive actually managed to sort my issue...

People - Menu - View -
Only Contacts with phone numbers - tick
Sim - untick
Google - tick
Show auto Gmail contacts - tick
Phone - tick
Facebooke - untick

Just make sure that when you save new contacts you are saving to the phone not the SIM.

Hope that helps you..

Upvote 0
OK Ive actually managed to sort my issue...

People - Menu - View -
Only Contacts with phone numbers - tick
Sim - untick
Google - tick
Show auto Gmail contacts - tick
Phone - tick
Facebooke - untick

Just make sure that when you save new contacts you are saving to the phone not the SIM.

Hope that helps you..

Awesome. thanks dude I was having the same issue on my MTS and this solved it for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones