• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with Phone Calls on unlocked AT&T Samsung Galaxy S with Three UK Sim card

Almara

Lurker
Feb 11, 2012
Hello,

I recently purchased a PAYG UK Sim from Three, to use in my Samsung Galaxy Captivate (American AT&T Model). This phone is unlocked, and I have been using it in Ireland with O2 for the past year and a half with no issues. However with the Three sim, while I'm able to send/receive texts, and use 3G, when I make or receive phone calls the other party is not able to hear me, and I can't hear them. Occasionally the phone call with work, however 99.9% of the time it just wont work. I have been in to the Three stores and they said my phone isn't compatible.... but then how come text and 3G works, and why on occasion does it work when I call people? Any help would be reaallly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones