• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems With R.java file when building an app

samw12

Lurker
Sep 12, 2010
I recently started learning about programming and I am still in the beginner stages, I have installed everything correctly, and have done the HelloWorld app. I found a video on youtube that walks you through the app building process, building the UI, coding etc. After building the UI for the application(doing it exactly as he does in the video) I tried running the application but it told me that there are errors in the app. I went to the R.java file and found there are errors in it. I did not change anything by hand in the file and i do not understand how there can be errors in an automatically generated file?
This is what it says in the file ((X) means the little red x in the circle as an error, (O) means the little lightbulb error symbol)

public final class R {
(X) public static final class {
public static final int ButtonMinus=0x7f050000;
public static final int OkButton=0x7f050002;
public static final int Score=0x7f050001;
public static final int TextScoreCard=0x7f050003;
}
(O) public static final class attr {
}
(O) public static final class drawable {
public static final int icon=0x7f020000;
}
(O) public static final class id {
public static final int ButtonPLus=0x7f060000;
}
(O) public static final class layout {
public static final int main=0x7f030000;
}
(O) public static final class string {
public static final int app_name=0x7f040001;
public static final int title=0x7f040000;
}
(X)}

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones