1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with Redux?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chitchatjjj, May 15, 2011.

1. chitchatjjj

chitchatjjj Member

I'm on Redux 1.2. The rom is fast and clean, but not very stable for me at times.
    I'm on auto brightness. But it randomly changes from very bright to very dull every time I unlock the screen. Also, when I get a call and if the phone is locked, sometimes I can't accept the call. I can hear the ringtone and see the green call icon in the notifications bar but my lockscreen isn't displayed. I just get a black screen. Then when I press home and unlock the phone, the call is rejected. Does everyone else have these problems? I'm on the themed version and I have also flashed the dalvik2ext script.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kibbster

Kibbster Android Expert

Not sure about the blank lockscreen but yes auto brightness is a bit... well... crap, in both Redux and GV.
    I too had problems with it changing brightness and getting stuck in dim when unlocking.
    Never happened with Sense.

I use Juice Defenders auto brightness now and find that more reliable.

3. chitchatjjj

chitchatjjj Member

Hmm..also, I'm on pattern lock and I have set visible patterns..but sometimes it isn't visible. Same thing for the path trace in swype. I hear titanium restores make trouble. Is that why?

4. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast

The brightness issue is a gingerbread port issue not redux ;) I havnt had any of the other issues you have mentioned but i have had issues with Ti Backup, ive stopped using it because its just a pain in the ass. But i would try a full wipe and reinstall...

5. togger161

togger161 Android Enthusiast

I don't use the pattern lock or backup with Titanium either. Never experienced either of those issues with Redux. Give it a go without and see.

6. robinta

robinta Well-Known Member

Ive been on redux since last week. I noticed today that the time was 5 mins slow despite being set to auto update via network. Am i missing something obvious?

7. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

8. robinta

As ever suroot thanks for your help. I've installed clocksync. It wants to run in rootless mode as it says 'no root aaccess'- strangely it hasn't asked for root permissions. I've also tried terminal emulator but keep getting 'permission denied' when I enter commands at the $ sign that comes up (I.e. adb shell and su).

9. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

sounds like your super user app is borked. its early for me but theres a way you can fix wierd super user behaviour but i cant remember it for the life of me

as for network time, some networks like o2 do not support auto update

10. SUroot

Try a clear data on SU app. Everything will need to ask for root again though.

This behaviour also happens if you run unrevoked on a rootedrom and that fixes.

Otherwise reflash

11. robinta

That's fixed it.once again you're a life saver.

12. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

nope, hes a light saber

13. SUroot

Was going to say something similar ;)

14. Briano

Briano Lurker

Hi,

This has just happened to me (black screen when call comes in, green phone icon in notification bar but no way of answering or knowing who is calling).

Also when my phone gets into this state certain windows are not drawn i.e. I click on an apps options, then another option from that page which should give me another page of options but I get nothing new appearing, just the old page and this page is not interactable. I have to press back to get that page to be interactable.

This sounds like a memory issue affecting the drawing and sounds like it is linked to the blank page for incoming calls (I had 86Mb free of RAM at the time).

To resolve this I have had to restart my phone. [​IMG]

Thanks

B

15. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Android Enthusiast

I had a similar problem with answering calls. The problem was I had setCPU set for when the screen was off and had set it to the lowest for both min and max [119 I think] and the max had to be at least 245. Not sure if this helps.

16. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member

Same brightness issue for me, seems to be if you unlock it, its dark, then quickly lock and unlock again, its bright ... very strange looking, think I will need to turn it off, which will be a pain

17. SUroot

When I.unlock its dark for a few seconds then the sensor kicks in and.it brightens

18. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Same here - and similar on other ROMs I've used.

I have a brightness toggle on my (widgetlocker) lock screen, and at one end of my notification power widget, so in general I can find these blind if I have to, but it generally responds soon enough - that's more necessary if I've left the brightness in manual.

19. SUroot

I have a toggle between dim and 100% on my notification widget and a Go swipe gesture to a tasker task that toggles auto brightness on and off. I only really have the power widget to fill space and see what mode I am in

20. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member

Just notice that I have the same incoming call problem as the original poster as well as the brightness issue :

"Also, when I get a call and if the phone is locked, sometimes I can't accept the call. I can hear the ringtone and see the green call icon in the notifications bar but my lockscreen isn't displayed. I just get a black screen. Then when I press home and unlock the phone, the call is rejected"

anyone got any ideas ?

21. SUroot

Using set CPU?

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews