• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems with Redux?

chitchatjjj

Feb 7, 2011
I'm on Redux 1.2. The rom is fast and clean, but not very stable for me at times.
I'm on auto brightness. But it randomly changes from very bright to very dull every time I unlock the screen. Also, when I get a call and if the phone is locked, sometimes I can't accept the call. I can hear the ringtone and see the green call icon in the notifications bar but my lockscreen isn't displayed. I just get a black screen. Then when I press home and unlock the phone, the call is rejected. Does everyone else have these problems? I'm on the themed version and I have also flashed the dalvik2ext script.

Hmm..also, I'm on pattern lock and I have set visible patterns..but sometimes it isn't visible. Same thing for the path trace in swype. I hear titanium restores make trouble. Is that why?

I don't use the pattern lock or backup with Titanium either. Never experienced either of those issues with Redux. Give it a go without and see.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
As ever suroot thanks for your help. I've installed clocksync. It wants to run in rootless mode as it says 'no root aaccess'- strangely it hasn't asked for root permissions. I've also tried terminal emulator but keep getting 'permission denied' when I enter commands at the $ sign that comes up (I.e. adb shell and su).

Upvote 0
As ever suroot thanks for your help. I've installed clocksync. It wants to run in rootless mode as it says 'no root aaccess'- strangely it hasn't asked for root permissions. I've also tried terminal emulator but keep getting 'permission denied' when I enter commands at the $ sign that comes up (I.e. adb shell and su).
sounds like your super user app is borked. its early for me but theres a way you can fix wierd super user behaviour but i cant remember it for the life of me

as for network time, some networks like o2 do not support auto update

Upvote 0
Hi,

This has just happened to me (black screen when call comes in, green phone icon in notification bar but no way of answering or knowing who is calling).

Also when my phone gets into this state certain windows are not drawn i.e. I click on an apps options, then another option from that page which should give me another page of options but I get nothing new appearing, just the old page and this page is not interactable. I have to press back to get that page to be interactable.

This sounds like a memory issue affecting the drawing and sounds like it is linked to the blank page for incoming calls (I had 86Mb free of RAM at the time).

To resolve this I have had to restart my phone.
icon9.gif

Thanks

B

Upvote 0
I'm on Redux 1.2. The rom is fast and clean, but not very stable for me at times.
I'm on auto brightness. But it randomly changes from very bright to very dull every time I unlock the screen. Also, when I get a call and if the phone is locked, sometimes I can't accept the call. I can hear the ringtone and see the green call icon in the notifications bar but my lockscreen isn't displayed. I just get a black screen. Then when I press home and unlock the phone, the call is rejected. Does everyone else have these problems? I'm on the themed version and I have also flashed the dalvik2ext script.

Same brightness issue for me, seems to be if you unlock it, its dark, then quickly lock and unlock again, its bright ... very strange looking, think I will need to turn it off, which will be a pain

Upvote 0
Same brightness issue for me, seems to be if you unlock it, its dark, then quickly lock and unlock again, its bright ... very strange looking, think I will need to turn it off, which will be a pain

Just notice that I have the same incoming call problem as the original poster as well as the brightness issue :

"Also, when I get a call and if the phone is locked, sometimes I can't accept the call. I can hear the ringtone and see the green call icon in the notifications bar but my lockscreen isn't displayed. I just get a black screen. Then when I press home and unlock the phone, the call is rejected"

anyone got any ideas ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones