• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems with SD Card?

jjandg1

Lurker
May 5, 2010
I have cyanogenmod 4.1.15. I tried to partition my sd, and it was a disaster. I ended up having to delete the partition, reformat the card and rebuild the phone. But since then, I've had 2 problems. One is 'home activity not responding, force close?' from time to time.

The other problem now is photos on the sd card. First, I can't seem to delete anything from the phone. If I do, then I go back to the gallery, I see the image not found icon (!) for a bunch of pics that I know are there.

If I reboot the phone, I can see the images, but as soon as I start viewing them, I get the same problem. The current image will disappear, and when I go back to the gallery, the (!) icon will show for most or all of the pics.

Also, the deleted images will show again.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Umm, I would say that you may be running out of space on your phones internal memory, and that is maybe why you are getting the home activity not responding issue. As for the picture problem, I'm just wondering what is your SD Card formatted to? I would say it's best to just reformat it from the phone itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones