1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problems with Sirius XM app..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Haolenate, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Haolenate

Haolenate Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    aloha -- I have a Motorola Milestone and have been using Sirius for over 5 years. The thing worked PERFECTLY on my iPhone, but I dumped it for the Milestone maybe a month ago. I love this lil sucker, and the OS seems to be a lot more thought out than the iPhone.

However, when it comes to my beloved SiriusXM - Howard, Alt Nation, BPM - well, its silent.

for over a week, when I login, I get "Service Temporarily Unavailable - Please try again later."

Any idea when "later" is? its frustrating me to the point I'm looking at throwing this phone away and going back to my iPhone. I work for the State, so I can't streamline music, and my job is independent, so its nice to have a bit of music going.

I'm on the sprint CDMA network, with constant 3G signal and full bars, and good battery. I've installed and uninstalled this thing as many times as I am old. I've rebooted the system, called my cell provider for assistance, and nada.

A quick search showed that someone with a HTC Hero is also having problems, and Sirius tells me they don't know whats wrong :thinking:

anyone else or am I the lone cursed individual?

Advertisement

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Have you contacted the webmaster or whoever made the web site you are trying to access and made sure it is working fine on their end?

3. Howard Packer

Howard Packer Member
    None

I sometimes have a similar issue. From what I can tell, since Sirius only allows you to use one device at a time for listening, their system is set up to make sure that you aren't listening on two devices without paying for extra accounts. So, if I am sometimes listening on my car audio system, and then I stop the car, get out and soon thereafter try to then listen on my Epic, I get the same message, sometimes for quite a while. If you have been listening on your PC at home, this can also cause the same kind of problem.

What has worked for me has been to go to my PC, to log in to Sirius over the Internet, and to get it to start playing. I then exit, and I go back to re-launch the player, except that I don't log back in. (This make sure that I am fully logged off.) I wait a few minutes, and then I try again on my Epic.

You also might want to try uninstalling and then reinstalling on your phone.

4. Haolenate

Haolenate Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled this thing more times than I am old. I also can't use Sirius online via my work computer as I work for the government, and I don't use my radio & streaming at the same time.

I've already sent an email to their tech support, but I'm ready to take my Android back and turn my iPhone back on.

5. Haolenate

Haolenate Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    Since I primarily listen to Sirius online & its blocked at work I'm just calling to cancel my account, so disregard these posts.

6. evofan1

evofan1 Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    programmer
    Indianapolis
    I can only listen VIA WiFi on my EVO. Siriusxm tech spt [INDIA] said it requires 128kpbs which is hard to believe. I did speedtest.net. Sprint 3G is over 128kbps down. I have resorted to recording my own Howard stern podcast. But siriusxm online player has an inactivity timeout every 2 hours or so.

7. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Cincy
    I'm sure this may have something to do with it (link below). See all the comments. All negative. I have a rather long post in there on the second page. SiriusXM has completely revised there website and online player which I assume has something to do with the mobile app not working properly.

Sirius XM Launches New Web Player, Merges Web Sites