1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General problems with sms quick delete app.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lemmon13, Feb 27, 2010.

1. lemmon13

lemmon13 Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Okay so last night I tried to delete a large thread of about 3,000 messages with the sms quick delete app I got by recomendation off this forum. I put my screen time out on never and let it sit over night. I woke up around 4 am to check on it and it was on my home screen but the thread was still there . I tried again before I fell asleep and the same thing happened this mourning. I even restarted the phone and it was still there. Does this happen to anyone else and ate there any other and delete apps out there?

Advertisement

2. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Computer Technician / Systems Implementation Manag
    Buffalo, NY
    I use SMS Backup and Restore.

This way, the messages are backed up, in case I ever want to have them back.

And the delete feature works. I've deleted 3900 messages at one time. It takes a couple of minutes, but it gets done. It also will tell you its success rate. It will say 2913 messages 0 failed 2913 deleted, etc.

Primevyl likes this.
  3. lemmon13

lemmon13 Member

Feb 9, 2010
    i did download that app this mourning and tried it but it didnt work..over all i have about 8600 messages on my phone. is there anyway you can just delete one thread at a time with that app because i think that may work

4. Primevyl

Primevyl Active Member

Apr 29, 2010
    lemmon13 you may want to just hard wipe that phone (take a one time loss) and just use that SMS backup and restore going forward...i was just looking for a way to do what you're looking for and after 2 hours helping the same customer...no dice