• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with Submit in Browser

Originally the phone worked amazingly well, but recently using the stock browser it has simply been ignoring certain buttons on webpages. This seems to affect only buttons calling "submit" and I have particularly been having problems with the search buttons on Wikipedia and google.

It does not do this every time, but it seems once it starts doing it it will continue doing it until until I turn the phone off and back on. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this or if there is a way to fix it?

Timothy, I'm having the exact same problem on my MTS. Exactly. The Same. Problem.

It's very frustrating to have to reboot the phone when it begins happening... I haven't figured out what's causing it yet but I'm looking for a chain of events.

As a workaround I've downloaded search widgets for the desktop. Those enter the search terms into a precalculated URL instead of using "submit" function on browser. If anyone gets more info on this I'd love to be informed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones