1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support problems with swype

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rbk21, Sep 22, 2011.

1. rbk21

rbk21 Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    so ever since i did the update there is a REALLY annoying bug on swype.
    when i double tap a word to highlight and correct it instead of the word choice window i get a menu asking if i want to cut, copy, etc...i then have to press the back key and the swype key to get to the alternate word choices.

it makes texting super slow and clunky and i haven't found any way to disable this.

oh also, when i get updates for applications i can no longer just update them all at once, i have to go thru each one and press "update" and then "accept"...is there anyway around this?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i am really hating this update, the phone is super slow and buggy, its a big step backwards....is there any word on when they may fix/improve gingerbread? or is there anyway for me to go back to the older version?

it has turned my phone from something i really enjoyed to something i want to use as little as possible.

Advertisement

2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    Just press on the word you need to correct once and then the alternate word choices will pop up.

You should have an "Update All" box on the top right in the Market under "My Apps". If it isn't there you may want to try clearing the app data/cache for the "Market" app.

3. rbk21

rbk21 Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    hey, when i press the word once nothing happens, only the lil arrow that allows me to move the cursor to a different part of the word/message.

pls help this is incredibly frustrating.

also re: the update thing this is less frustrating but the update all is grayed out.

thanks.

4. tinc

tinc Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    So Swype suddenly quit working and directly me to upgrade to the latest version. I've tried several times but am caught is and endless licensing loop that installs and then says a newer version is available.

Rinse, repeat.

5. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Saint Inigoes, MD
    If you click on the word (once quickly), the arrow comes up, but the list of possible words also comes up right over the keyboard.

6. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Saint Inigoes, MD