1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problems with sync'ing with Outlook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jcaswell, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jcaswell

jcaswell Newbie
    None

Oct 30, 2010
    I have been using MyPhoneExplorer to sync with Outlook Calendar for some months with success, but it seems, since the recent upgrade of the OS (I think), to have stopped linking to the phone.

I can link using HTC Sync, but that fails to sync the Calendar (although it manages contacts etc).

Any thoughts? I really need to sync to the Outlook Calendar on my PC

Advertisement

2. sparksuk71

sparksuk71 Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Male
    I have been using google calender sync for a long time now which i find works really well.which sits in PC taskbar and sinks with Google remotely every hour or what you set to.not sure on phone explorer Tho

3. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    Take a look at http://syncdroid.net/ - they've got a good list going with various Android-Outlook sync options, including ours (CompanionLink for Outlook). In fact, if you are interested in CompanionLink (and you can try before you buy if you like), go ahead and use the code POST10 to save $10!

And, of course, if you have any questions, just ask.

- David

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    I also use MPE, much better and more rewliable than HTC Sync. I recently upgraded to 2.3.5 and Sewnse 3 - but with the Android Revolution ROM. The only problem I had with MPE was it saying, when I tried to connect, that it needed to create a new user. I did this and deleted the old one (after checking my MPE settings first!). Everything fine since then.

Got the latest app and MPE PC client installed?

Dave

5. Sails

Sails Guest
    None
    I've recently had a few updates come through for HTC Sync which might have fixed some of the issues that users have been reporting. I think for me owning an Android phone worked well as I was already using Goggle to manage my emails, contacts and calendar. Which meant that all my of those things would appear on my phone without using any synchronization software. But if you are using Microsoft Outlook then HTC sync does provide the functionality to sync all the information across. You can import your Microsoft calendar into Google by following the link below.

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help