1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Problems with texting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by littleslayer15, Jan 1, 2014.

1. littleslayer15

None

Dec 26, 2013
    I am having a few problems with texting. 1: sometimes (not all the time) when I send a text the person I'm texting doesn't get it. There is no way of telling if she received my text or not. 2: sometimes when she sends me texts I don't get them until I send another text to her, then the text appears. 3: sometimes when she sends me pictures I don't get them at all, or I download the picture and then the message with the picture disappears. Keep in mind this doesnt happen all the time. I am using telus and I have a weak signal where I live, but sometimes texting work flawlessly so I don't think I can blame it on where I live.

Advertisement

2. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    Text are sent with mms if pictures included or more than one addressee. In that case, both sender and receiver need data on. Don't know if this is related to your problem

3. littleslayer15

None

Dec 26, 2013
    Thanks for the reply! It was only a 2 person conversation. I do know you need your data on to download pictures (it would be nice if I could download them over wifi, but its not that big a deal). If I don't have my data on, and I receive a picture the picture just wont download, but I can still see that I got a picture, so I don't think that's the problem.

4. Zangetxu

Zangetxu Member
    None

Dec 26, 2013
    never faced such issues, i had this problem that my msgs were opening very slowly. I use what's app for multimedia maters.