• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with the new Android Market

I'm not sure what the technical version name is but the new android market with books and movies I'm having a lot of problems with it and wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issues.

First of all, sometimes when I update an app(s) it doesn't go away that it has an update. And when I click on it, it just says open. It doesn't go away until I go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Market, and then clear data.
Another issue is that if I uninstall an app it doesn't leave "My Apps" in the market. It is in the section of 'updates available' and when I click on it, it just says install. Again, it doesn't go away until I clear the data from Market.

Also if I search for an application, for example, "Alarm Clock", it will say '205 Apps found' but only show 10 and I'm not able to scroll down anymore. I've went to Market > settings > set level, I have it set to 'show all apps' & the little lock at the top is unlocked. So I don't know why this is happening.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones