1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with Thunderbolt since 12/19/2011 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Imemine, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Imemine

Imemine Newbie

I have the thunderbolt via Verizon. The phone did an update the other night and now whenever I put the phone in the dock to charge and then use it the next day, the wifi is turned on. Also, I can't get rid of the gps icon on the front. I called Verizon and they said that the only way to fix it is to send me another phone that has the update already installed.

I would prefer not to change phones and I don't necessarily believe everything that the techs at verizon tell me. Sohere are my questions.

Is there a way to fix my problem without having to switch phones and
    if I have to switch phones, what is the best way to back up my phone so I can get most of the stuff back on it.

thank you all in advance.

M

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Android Enthusiast

The wifi turns on when you dock it unless you change the settings.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Android Enthusiast

The Internet browser is all messed up now.

4. Gnoop

Gnoop Newbie

Maybe they gave it Honeycomb's browser?

5. iron mongoose

iron mongoose Newbie

the udate has taken my 3g and dropped it to 1g on several occasions per day sometimes i get 0g and no internet access i have to restart phone 2-5 times a day my phone was great before update now i wish i could delete it!![​IMG]

6. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member

Try a factory reset?

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews