• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

problems with touchscreen

Chris_GTR1

Lurker
Jul 8, 2010
ok so i come from the iphone scene and bought an evo. i got the emulators and while playing it i noticed that sometime it starts acting up and my character moves by itself when i hold 2 buttons together then let go of 1. is this just the way the touchscreen was designed? i know the iphone had some kind of multi touch they pattented so it took a while for other phones to come out with pinch ability on their touchscreens. iphone works perfectly for being on-screen buttons but on this phone i seriously cant even play cause the controls are so messed up. sometimes my character is like crouching repeadedly or running right , does anyone else have this problem or is it just my phone? specifically while playing snes emulator since there isnt many other apps that use more than 1 button at a time.

My emulators work perfectly...

ok so what i mean is , the emulator runs fine. the problem is the touchscreen is sticking so for example when i press RIGHT and A to sprint in mario world, if i let go of RIGHT but still am holding A my character still keeps running and wont stop till i let go of A.

now i dont know if this is my phone or just all evos in general cause of the touch screen technology they use. please try it out. play mario and hold the run button while u play constantly and let me know if it 'sticks'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones