1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Problems with USB connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Inno, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Inno

Inno Well-Known Member

Since my UK model Xoom got the "big" upgrade, I've been unable to connect it to my PC via USB cable. I used to be able to plug it in and just drag and drop to update files, music, photos, etc. Since the upgrade, I can't even get the PC to recognise it. Resorted to AirDroid to update things, but that is pretty slow.

Asked Motorola about it, they pretty much denied it and told me to factory reset - which I really don't want to do!

Anybody have this problem, or ideas how to cure it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Inno

Inno Well-Known Member

Finally bit the bullet and factory reset.

Guess what?

Still doesn't work. Motorola support about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard :/

3. pcgamer

pcgamer Android Enthusiast

USB debugging enabled?

4. Inno

Inno Well-Known Member

Tried it with both setting, enabled and disabled. No joy.

5. pcgamer

Are you using the cable that comes with the tablet? Cause if you're not, then it wont work

6. Inno

Inno Well-Known Member

Yup, and it's exactly the same cable and port that I used previously before the ICS update.

Motorola Support again today proved to be non existent, putting me into a loop of filling out trobuleshooting on the site, which recommended I contact them, which is how I ended up there in the first place!

7. pcgamer

That's odd, I had a U.S. xoom, the software upgrade is different I think, did you ever root or unlock the bootloader?